The main objective of this session is to introduce you to industrial hygiene and explain its importance to your safety and health. By the time the session is over, you should be able to:
- Understand what industrial hygiene is;
- Recognize its importance in the workplace;
- Identify ways industrial hygiene helps protect you; and
- Help promote industrial hygiene on the job.
- Industrial hygiene is the science of anticipating, recognizing, evaluating, and controlling workplace conditions that could cause injury or illness.
- Industrial hygienists use environmental monitoring and analytical methods to detect the extent of your risk and exposure to occupational health hazards. Then they use engineering and work practice controls as well as other methods to control potential hazards and risks